steadyaku47

Saturday 17 March 2018

INDAH CAKAP DARI RUPA...the sad state of the rakyat.

17th March 2017. What is the News headline in Bernama this morning?

Government pensioners can play role in helping BN to win GE14 - Salleh

KOTA KINABALU, March 16 (Bernama) -- Government retirees can play a role in helping the Barisan Nasional (BN) government to win the coming 14th General Election (GE14), said Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Dr Salleh Said Keruak. 


steadyaku47 comment : Well may this BN government think they will get help from the pensioners to win GE 14....read what this pensioner thinks of his life today:


I'm alarmed. I don't go out much these days because of age (in my 70s now) and costs, things are very expensive now...all and everything for an old guy with limited resources. 

I went out to town yesterday to accompany my wife and also my phone repair. I was aghast. I don't watch the propaganda on printed and electronic media anymore. But when visiting some friends, I do overhear the PM extolling on TV news, the economic progress made during his really great administration. 

But as we say, INDAH CAKAP DARI RUPA. Many shops and stalls , even in a place like the PKNS complex in Shah Alam are closed or will close soon. The crowd is not many as before. I met a young Malay guy, employed by an engineering company in HKL, stopped going to work because he hasn't been paid for 2 months. Another guy said he hasn't got his BRIM payment yet. It's overdue. He said he was asked to call the admin re the BRIM to keep on asking the department from time to time despite paying GST everyday. Yet another, a government pensioner,said he was asked to pay for asthma medication rm127 at the UITM Medical clinic. He didn't pay because it's a lot of money. I asked him what about his asthma, he said "terserahlah..."

That is the sad state for us, the poor rakyat whose wealth has been used to pay certain interest payments for certain indiscretions by certain politician. 
I was warned I might get into trouble writing about this. I said I'm in my 70s and living in a democratic country which must be aware of what is happening on the ground. I'm doing a service to inform the government whose leaders may not have the time to see reality. I would not be a good and responsible citizen if I do not inform the government that all is not well in the country. 
If I'm incarcerated for telling the truth as I see them then let the authorities decide.

author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment