steadyaku47

Friday 15 September 2017

cakap cakap : now I lay me down to sleep...


Past midnight...early Friday morning....1.25 am to be exact. Just finished a call to KL to discuss "matters of mutual interests" with a friend.....and message some one in London that it is quite late and we will talk tomorrow. The day had been one for reflection because I had to make some decisions as to what I was to do with the Sirul issue. He has totally isolated himself from everyone and anyone that he should talk to if his ability to be released into the Australian community is to have any chance. I personally have decided that I will wait for another year when he will still be in Villawood ..still in detention....and hopefully able to understand that those who are around him now, have always wanted him locked up in Villawood indefinitely. Maybe another year in Villawood may bring him to his senses...maybe not. He is inside. I am outside and I can wait. 

My son is trying to help me understand my OPPO mobile better. He patiently takes me to the paces of how to "speak" to the mobile to get things done. Like setting the alarm, going to  youtube, Facebook etc...that instead of using the keyboard...I can speak and command the mobile to do these things for me. How many of you speak to your phone? Well I have never done so and damm if I am going to start now....BUT...I see my son say "Ok Google...set the alarm for 7 in the morning"...and the mobile does so! Now I want to do that to and I try. At first self consciously because all my life I have never spoke to a phone. I have spoken into a phone but never AT or TO a phone ...but after a few tries...I am now talking to my phone...albeit feeling a but silly and hoping nobody sees me doing so. My son is dragging me slowly but surely into the world he inhabits. The one where you speak to phones!

Have not got any donations for a long time....and got a pleasant surprise today from Geck Song and Lian Seong...Thank you so much. You two are one of the reasons I am still working the keyboard at 1.50 am this morning. When you get donations you can feel the "Oomph!"within you and I get a high that there are people out there who says "thank you" in the best possible way....a donation! Nudge nudge wink wink!

My wife is good. She needs a haircut soon...very soon. Two days back I was counting how many teaspoonful of food I give her at meal times. Everything she eats must be mashed up...and properly thicken to a certain consistency so that she can swallow it without much effort. Her swallowing muscles have been considerably weakened because of her dementia. And I have to feed her the food at about half a teaspoonful every time...wait until she swallows it and then the next teaspoonful. I counted almost 40 teaspoonful...and that takes about half an hour to get through. We...well I to be more exact...enjoy these meal times because I get to see her enjoy her meals....and nothing makes her more animated then meal times. Our life is good.

It is past 2.02 am and I must to sleep now. 

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep;
If I die before I wake,
I pray for Lord my soul to take. Amen




  

No comments:

Post a Comment